fredag 30. oktober 2009

Nytt fra WAI - søk på stipend innen 20. november!

Don't Let This Opportunity Slip Away!
November 20, 2009 is the deadline to apply for a Women in Aviation, International Scholarship.

Five quick questions and answers:

I'm not a student, so what does this have to do with me?

Sure, many WAI scholarships are strictly for current university students, but many more are for flight training (including type ratings), training for career advancement (or career change) and some are just to fulfill a dream. There's no age limit to apply for a WAI scholarship; they're for men and women too. The only "must be" is you must be a WAI member to apply.

Let's just say I was never a scholar -- I get mostly Bs and Cs. Do I stand a chance?

Yes, you do! Your academic record only applies in some scholarships -- and for many, scholarships, it is not considered at all. You don't have to be an honor student to apply. In many of our scholarships, your heart, ambition and attitude count more than your transcript.

If I win, do I have to go to the Conference to claim my scholarship?

Of course, we hope you WANT to go to the Conference (February 25-27, 2010 at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, FL) but no, you don't have to be "present to win." We'd love to call your name, however, during the Conference and have you rush to the podium to accept your scholarship.

Don't you get hundreds of applications? What are my chances?

Instead of thinking "why me?," think "why not me?" And why not you? Someone is going to win these scholarships, but the only way you are going to win is if you apply. The potential payback is so great for a few hours of your time. Give it a try!

OK, I'm convinced. Now what?

Go to www.wai.org and click on 'scholarships.' Everything you need is there, including complete descriptions, qualifications, a downloadable application and even a section on tips and strategies to increase your chances of being selected as the winner.

November 20, 2009 is the deadline to apply for a Women in Aviation, International Scholarship.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar